Skip to content
Go to top
- Originality and creativity will be rewarded as well as technical skill. Poster designs need to inform as well as appeal
ARTS AND CRAFTS
- Must have been made within the last twelve months
- Most knitting should be lightly pressed
- Gooseberries, raspberries, currants, loganberries and strawberries should be picked with a good piece of stalk attached, and are best cut with scissors.
- Raspberries are shown complete with plug.
- Currants should include all the berries on the stem including the large single ones nearest to the branch.
- These must state type, month and year.
- Pots must be filled to the top of the jar and the cellophane should be sealed tight and neatly trimmed around the neck of the jar.
- Wax discs should be trimmed to fit the rim of the jar and the surface of the preserve.
- Must be at least six to eight weeks old before showing.
- All must have vinegar-proof seal, e.g. glass or plastic lid or screw top, not cellophane jam pot cover.
- All preserve jars for showing should have clear sides, not ribbed, and no brand names or numbers on them.
- Should show no marks on surface from cooking rack, etc.